Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 6


For me personally, this week's highlight is for our Knowledge Management class is theMyers-Briggs personality type developed from the research of psychiatrist named Carl Jung. Why am I so interested in this is because I’ve been doing some reading about personality temperaments, the strength and weaknesses of different temperaments and how different temperaments function. With this knowledge it enables me to view myself and others from different perspective and from the eyes of a person with different personality.
Back to the topic, in Myers-Briggs personality type there are 16 different combinations of personalities usually referred to by an abbreviation of four letters and they are ISTJ, ISFJ, INFJ, INTJ, ISTP, ISFP, INFP, INTP, ESTP, ESFP, ENFP, ENTP, ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ and ENTJ.
Our personality is shaped by our incline towards the attributes below.

extraversion (E) - introversion (I)
sensing (S) - intuition (N)
thinking (T) - feeling (F)
judgment (J) - perception (P)

For instance, my personality is INTJ - Introversion, Intuition, Thinking and Judgement. If you notice, the values on the left and the right are opposing each other. However that doesn’t mean we can’t have both attributes at the same time. This categorization of personality only tells us what a person with such attributesare more inclined towards. A person with (I) rating may not be a fully closed up introvert but he or she would prefers introversion over extraversion. Some may have values that are strongly biased towards one side (such as 90% extrovert and 10% introvert) and some may have rather balanced ones (42% extrovert and 38% introvert).
Alright, I shall supress my ‘perfectionistic’ personality or else I could go on and write a 5 page long essay on this topic alone. Thank you for reading and that’s all for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment